Until Wednesday, the answer was "no". Well, "maybe" if you bought some 3rd party app. But we hadn't bothered to test any of others without strong business needs articulated.
When I downloaded Google Sync (see here to get a link sent to your Blackberry), I was wondering what would happen. Had Google added a new category of events to my calendar ? If I created an appointment on my Blackberry, would I get an option to sync to Google or Exchange or both ?
Since there seems to be little discussion of Google Sync yet, here is what I have seen -
- Everything you have in your Blackberry/Exchange calender before the install is ignored.
- Feature Request - It sure would be nice if there was an option to populate existing events into your Google Calendar.
- All events created or modified after install Google Sync show up in your Google, Blackberry, and Exchange calendars.
- Modifying events on any of the three places seemed to work fine and sync fine.
- With the default "server wins" setting in Google Sync, events don't disappear from the Google calendar (since the server wins).
- Settings the option to "handheld wins" causes all three calendars to be in sync. This seems to be the way that Google Sync turns your Blackberry into a magical bridge between Google and Exchange.
- Google Sync gives you the option to also sync events from other Google calendars you subscribe to. I would be careful with this.
- Bug - Making meetings private in Exchange does not flow through to your Google calendar. So anyone with access to your Google calendar can see your dentist appointment or other embarrassing stuff.
- The app seems to sync about every 5 minutes and a manual sync takes about 15 seconds.
BTW - Google Sync works with either a regular GMail calendar or with your domain if you are Google Apps user.
I hope to see more Good Things in this arena. Have fun.