06 February 2008

Charitable Dilema

With the new IRS requirement that all charitable contributions need a receipt, I am considering changing how I contribute to charities.

If you recall, I have a long list of organizations I donate to. Just keep track of how much, when, etc. is kind of a pain.

I also recently got bummed out on the whole "recurring donation via credit card thing". Most charities do a good job with that, but others don't. I have have one billing me $15/month as "NON PROFIT TRANS". I have no idea who that is or how to stop it.

To make my life and taxes easier, I am considering instead making one big donation to a single charity. This will likely be Grand Performances.

I like their program a lot and I think it serves a valuable need in Los Angeles.

Thoughts ?

No comments: