I just got back from a trip to Arizona for Thanksgiving. I took just over 100 digital photos. In order to be a good social software user, I have a lot of work to do now.
- Upload pics from my camera to my computer
- Delete crappy pics and tweak the ones I want to keep
- Upload them all to Flickr
- Organize, title, tag, and geotag all the pics
- Send a link to the set to everyone who might be interested (because RSS is only understood by maybe 3% of the world)
- Write Yelp review for the place I care to
- Upload (again) pics for the places I Yelp'd
Of course this is not all altruistic (nor all selfish).
I like having Flickr store all my pics (makes me feel a lot better about not having backups of my computer). I should tag and title my pics so I can find them later. I like Yelp'ing places I particularly enjoyed or hated.
Here is the whole Flickr set. Enjoy. I will Yelp later (see the widget in the sidebar).