07 July 2007

Panasonic DMC-TZ3 test shots

My new Panasonic DMC-TZ3 arrived while I was out of town, so I picked it up today.

I have decided (for now) to use the 16x9 aspect ratio. In high quality this results in a 3328x1872 image at about 3MB. I bought a 4GB card, so it should be good for over 1000 pictures. I have noticed that 4Gb and 8GB card are SDHC, not plain old SD. This means the built in media reader on my PC will not read the card and I have to plug the camera in via USB. Fortunately no USB driver is needed, but it is a bit slow.

I am also a bit vexed on picture lifecycle. I want to take them on the camera, tweak them in Picassa, upload them to Flickr, and link to them on Blogger. Unfortunately this lifecycle is not integrated is a bit of a pain in the ass. I could probably solve this by moving from Flickr to the Picassa Web Albums, but I don't really want to move all my junk from Flickr. Any suggestions ?

Below are some test shots (taken on a tripod). You can click to get to the originals on Flickr.




1x







5x







10x

No comments: