Turns out this place is all bark and no bite. The have a great sign, a tasty sounding menu, and a interesting room.
This is all to no avail, as they failed on almost all counts. In an effort to be concise, I will just give you a bulleted list.
- Getting Seated - us and another group of people waited about 5min. before anyone even spoke to us. After that it was another 5min. to get seated.
- Ordering - they were out of two specials and at least one regular menu item
- Beef & Barley Soup - this was basically salt porridge. Campbell's is better.
- Mac & Cheese - not very cheesy with a watery and salty sauce
- Penne with Sausage - this was perfectly serviceable, but nothing special
- Drinks - Steve ordered the drink special, a Mint Julep. With the promise of fresh mint, I opted for a mojito. Both drinks were basically well alcohol over ice with a sprig of lime on top. Quite awful. We hardly touched them.
- Strawberry Shortcake - this was pretty icky too. Decent strawberries, but the shortcake tasted like a store bought scone heated up in a microwave.
- Bathroom - Their men's room was a completely disgusting in ways that I don't care to mention. Use your imagination.